Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Mr. and Mrs. Steven Grant Marcum

Sorry it's been so long since we've posted! Between getting married, honeymooning, moving in, and starting school blogging hasn't been high on the priority list! Needless to say, we've been pretty busy... prepare yourself, this post is not for the faint of heart ;)

December 19, 2009 (The wedding day):

I seriously could not have imagined a better day! Everything went above and beyond my expectations! The morning was wonderful. First of all, my friend Kasee had stayed with my family and I the night before and made sure that I was in bed on time to get my beauty rest! Hence, I woke up refreshed and ready to get married!!! The best part of the morning though, was waking up with 3 of my best friends all there with me! Erin and Susan arrived in the middle of the night to be with me and it was seriously the best! I'm so glad that they made the sacrifice to be there! Look at these 3 beautiful ladies, I'm so lucky to have such wonderful friends!Susan also brought her adorable six month old daughter Laynie! We passed her around all morning and loved it!The morning did not slip by without some wedding day stress. As my mom, sisters, and I rushed to get into the car (we were running behind to get to our hair appointment) my mom realized that the key had been locked inside the night before! Unfortunately she had given her spare key to our wedding coordinator the week before so that she could unload reception decorations from our car into the venue while we were at the temple! As we were all running around in a panic, stressed, not knowing what to do (try to picture the scene...by now our hair appointments were supposed to start 15 minutes prior...and the hair salon is 45 minutes from my house. Mom is in panic mode) Nathan (Erin's husband) suggests we call onstar. What a novel idea! Technology is a beautiful thing, it worked and we were in the car and on our way in a matter of minutes!
The woman who did our hair for the wedding is fabulous! Her name is Melina Alcatraz and she has been cutting and styling all of our hair since I was in High School. I was so glad she could do this for us, all 4 of us were in and out of the salon within an hour! I was so impressed and I LOVED my hair!

Here she is in the process....
We then ran over to IHOP for a pre-wedding luncheon with my bridemaids and all the girls. I know what you're thinking...IHOP? Super classy Jess... cut me some slack though, Fresno doesn't lend a ton of options! Plus, let's just be honest here, who doesn't like a good stack of pancakes? That's what I thought :) It was so fun to have time with everyone before the wedding, I'm glad I could work that into the day!
Sidenote: We got married at 1:00pm and I'm a total believer in afternoon weddings! This way you don't have to get up at 4:00am to get your hair done. Are you feelin' me? It was so nice to be able to take it easy in the morning and not have to stress about time. The only downside is that it kind of eliminates the option of doing a luncheon in between your wedding and reception...but you know, I'm glad I didn't have to worry about that! We just got out of the temple, took some pictures, and went straight to the reception hall. Fabulous.

Moving on, after the brunch we all headed over to the temple. It's funny because everyone kept asking me if I was nervous and truthfully I never was! The sealing was beautiful, I was so happy to have everyone that I loved there to share it with us. When it was over it was almost surreal! It's like a 20 minute ceremony and then that's it, you're sealed for ETERNITY! Crazy right? Here's a couple of wedding teaser pics some of my friends took. More to follow!



I can't wait to get pictures back from our reception. It was beautiful, I loved it! Everything turned out perfectly! The food, was great, I loved our band, and the table decorations were beautiful! My wonderful mother put so much time and effort into making this everything I ever dreamed about and I'm so grateful to her! On top of that I think she was surely the most beautiful mother-of-the-bride Fresno had ever seen! Look at her! As my Dad put it in his toast (yes he did say this over the microphone for all of our guests to hear) "she's hot", what a babe.



Our reception was beautiful and went so smoothly. Everything went according to schedule!

5:00pm-6:00pm: Steve and Jess greet guests
6:00pm-7:00pm: Dinner is served
Sidenote (again): We had Pardini's cater and they did an awesome job! The steak was one of the best pieces of meat I've ever had... and that's really saying something coming from a girl who grew up on a cattle ranch! The food was fabulous, but the best part was that Steve and I got to enjoy it! We stuck to the schedule and when it was time to sit down to eat we quit "the line" and sat down to eat! I had heard too many hunger-horror stories from brides and grooms, we were going to enjoy that food!
7:00pm-7:15pm: Steve and Jess cut the cake (Sweetdreams cakery in Oakhurst, one word: DIVINE)
7:30pm: Daddy-Daughter/Mother-Son Dance
7:300pm-9:00pm: DANCING! Music provided by the Joe Lenigan band! If anyone knows me they know that I love that Big Band Rat Pack stuff and boy did I get it! The band was awesome!
9:00pm: Steve and Jess are off!!!

Again, here are some sneek previews taken by the talented Erin Collins!




Overall the day was perfect! Thank you to everyone who made this possible!

1 comment:

  1. Jess and Steven I love it. But you need to edit Melina's last name Alcaraz I don't think she will like it spelled like the prison rock in the bay. Also you could have been really nice and not mentioned your fathers thoughts he so willingly shared over the mic. I love and miss you tons can't wait to see you in Feb. xoxo mom

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes