Wednesday, April 07, 2010

A Much Needed Update

Alright, I'm sorry for the recent update drought! This past month has been crazy! I'll just give you a quick recap of this past month's happenings :)


Lots of yummy food...see next post for details!

Cute second graders! Seriously, these kids were the best!

That's right, hard to believe I know...I was a teacher the whole month of March! I was doing my Practicum, teaching vocabulary, staying up all night lesson planning, coming home with cute stories about the kids for Steve, and all that jazz! For all of you who aren't in the Elementary Education program a practicum is when you are basically a volunteer student teacher for a month! I was in a second grade classroom at Franklin Elementary and loved it!

Grandpa Al turned 80! Steve and I were fortunate to get to spend it with my family in Coarsegold!

That's right, Aunt Tammy and I put all 80 candles on the cake! Nothing but the best for Grandpa :)

Here are 5 of my favorite memories of Grandpa:

1. Grandpa teaching me the ropes on Rusty (an old ranch horse). My first horse Bobby had just died of a heart attack and Grandpa was going to let me ride his horse Rusty now. He took me on a ride with old Rusty telling me about his little ears, rough gate, and how he always liked to be in front :)

2. If you know my Grandpa, you know that Wranglers and suspenders are standard. Grandpa doesn't do the whole shorts thing...it's not cowboy enough! My sister Taylor and I were staying with my Grandparents once while my parents were out of town during the summer and low and behold... Grandpa whipped out the ol' swimming trunks! We were shocked! I still don't think I've seen his shins more than 2 or 3 time since then!

3. Grandpa teaching me to dance on the hard wood floor after Sunday dinner in High School. Dancing just isn't the same today as it was in the 50's!

4. Seeing him dance the Jitterbug with my Grandma at my wedding. They've still got it!! You know, he wont admit it to you (again, one of those cowboy complex deals) but Grandpa was quite the dancer in his day! He tap danced and everything, Bing Crosby style!

5. Asking him to dance at my wedding. He was in high demand and I just couldn't wait any longer for him to ask me ;)


I'm so grateful for Grandpa, he is a wonderful man and I will always treasure the relationship that I have with him!



1 comment:

  1. Jess, you are literally the cutest elementary school teacher I have ever seen. Those 2nd graders have no idea how lucky they are!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes