Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Daily Gems



So a couple of weeks ago I subscribed to have LDS "Daily Gems" sent to my e-mail every morning. Call me a nerd but I love them! They're just that little bit of inspiration for me every morning!

This morning's gem was especially good and I just felt like I should share it with you.

Leading the Women of the World

“Speaking to the women of the Church nearly a century ago, President Joseph F. Smith said: ‘It is not for you to be led by the women of the world; it is for you to lead the . . . women of the world, in everything that is praise-worthy, everything that is God-like, everything that is uplifting and . . . purifying to the children of men’ (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph F. Smith [1998], 184).”

M. Russell Ballard, “Mothers and Daughters,” Ensign, May 2010, 18
 
  As I read this I couldn't help feeling grateful for all of the women in my life who are truely leaders. I don't mean women who are political or community leaders, I mean women who lead by their virtuous example everyone who comes in contact with them.
 
I've been blessed with many wonderful friends and family members who are just these kind of leaders. Today I would just like to highlight two special women who are leaders and examples to me in my life.
 
 


My Mother and Mother-in-law.


Thank you for being righteous and virtuous leaders to everyone around you, especially me.





If you're interested in subscribing to LDS Daily gems you can click here

Or if you just want to read a few today click here

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm going to sign up for those gems :) you're such a gemsica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to this post! We have great women in our lives. Also, what a fun trip to San Diego! I'm jealous you got to go to the beach... rain or shine, the beach is always fun! I'm glad you guys are having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha Erin! Hey Gemsica, you've got the cutest mom and mother-in-law EVER!! You're mom is such a wonderful example to me and I've only been around her a few times! :)

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes