Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Grateful

I know it's been FOREVER since I've posted! To my credit a week before we left Provo my camera, my beloved canon powershot who has gone with me to the other side of the world and back (literally)... without any sign, warning, or symtoms had a sudden painless death...tear. Hence our recent blogging fast, but I promise I will be better! We have been having a blast down here in Irvine and soon to come will be a chronicle of our adventures so far!
Today I've just been feeling grateful for my husband Steve. I feel so blessed that we are married and sealed so that we can be together forever. For any of you who might be confused at what it means to be "together forever" you can find out more about it by clicking here or here.
This past weekend we got to go down to San Diego with Kasee and Jason to visit our friends Erin and Nate (more to come on this adventure). On Sunday Erin taught a lesson to the Young Women about "standing tall" and making good choices. It just reminded me of how grateful I am for my loving parents who helped me to make good choices while I was growing up so that I would be prepared to meet and marry my wonderful husband in the Lord's House.
Today I found this quote from Elaine S. Dalton on the importance of virtue. It's directed at Young Women but I hope to teach the principle of virtue to my sons and daughters someday. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!

"In Doctrine and Covenants section 25, the Lord counsels each of His beloved daughters, you and me, to 'walk in the paths of virtue' (v.2). You are NOTcommon. You are NOT ordinary. You are daughters of God. You carry within yourselves the sacred power to create life. It is one of God's greatest gifts to His precious daughters, and you must safeguard that power by living the standards and remaining virtuous. You must safeguard your power through purity of thought and action. By so doing, you, your family, and the generations that follow will be strengthened and blessed. President Brigham Young taught that 'the strength of Zion is in the virtue of her sons and daughters' (Letters of Brigham Young to His Sons, ed. Dean C. Jesse [1974], 221).
"You must guard your own virtue and help others rise to the divinity that is within. In every sense, you are a guardian of virtue. President David O. McKay taught that 'a woman should be queen of her own body' (in Conference Report, Apr. 1952, 86). 'Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?' (1 Corinthians 3:16). My question to each of you is, If we don't stand for virtue, who will?"
Elaine S. Dalton, "Come Let Us Go Up to the Mountain of the Lord," Ensign, May 2009, 121

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes