Thursday, July 15, 2010

Reviews




So I just finished this book



I've been meaning to read it for a while now and this summer I finally had the time to sit down and read it.

I know it may be hard for some of you to see Jimmy Carter's name, think of his time in office and not immediately discredit the book. I encourage you not to do so.

This book gives interesting insight into American policy toward Israel that only an American President could.

It also gives historical and current background to the current Palestinian-Israeli conflict.

Due to the nature of the conflict we (as average Americans) don't really see or hear all that happens between Palestinians and Israelis in the media. I found this out first hand when I studied there for 4 months at the BYU Jerusalem Center. I got the unique opportunity to see what was actually happening and form my own opinion about the conflict--without reading about it through biased media. I thought that this book gave a mostly unbiased account of the conflict in the Holy Land.

I would encourage anyone to try and put their preconceived notions about Arabs and Jews in the middle east aside and learn more about the conflict. It plays more of a role in our lives than you may think. 

Living in the Holy Land gave me an immense respect and love for both Palestinian and Jewish people. As such, I take a vested interest in their well-being. I think that part of bringing peace to this sacred land will come by spreading awareness about the conflict taking place there.

Therefore I would strongly recommend this book to anyone who would care for a better understanding of this very important conflict.

Feel free to ask us any questions you might have about the conflict, we would love to share our experiences with you.


Love, Steve and Jess



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes