Monday, August 02, 2010

Easiest Mexican food EVER





I'm a little drained from our crazy trip to UT/ID this weekend

SO much driving, but SO worth it

I'm also craving Mexican food after making Steve pasta all last week

(Carbo load for the triathlon)


Hence I will share my recipe for....


"The Easiest Mexican food EVER" 



Here's what you'll need:
(serves 2)


2 chicken breasts



4 limes



1 can of black beans



1 can of corn




1/2 a fresh white tear-jerking onion (chopped)



Ground Cumin



Garlic Salt
(Lawry's is by far the best, my Mom says so)



Chili powder



a bunch of cilantro-
I wont allow you to make Mexican food without this stuff...it's not allowed



and some of your favorite salsa!



All you need to do is....

1. wash and trim the chicken
2. juice the limes
3. open the cans
4. chop the onion and cilantro

AND

Throw it all in your crock pot!

Easy Peasy.



Cook it on low for 3-6 hours (depending on your crock pot)

When it's ready, take a fork and shred the tender chicken then add more cilantro and spices to taste.

You can serve this with mexican rice, tortillas, chips, or all of the above!

This is an easy fix to Mexican food craving

and it's cookin' in my kitchen as we speak....mmmmmm



Love, Steve and Jess

3 comments:

  1. That sounds SO good! Don't tempt a pregnant woman like this when I'm at work! I will be making this ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Steve do the Burly triathlon? My cousins did it, so we were up there this weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, he did the Spudman! That's so random! Too bad we didn't run into each other!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes