Thursday, August 19, 2010

Little lovers

I love these things lately....


Colorful Balloons


I don't know what it is about them! I just think they are kind of enchanted.

I've always felt kind of apathetic towards balloons

but I have a new found appreciation for them.

They're kind of whimsical and romantic, aren't they?



Corinne Bailey Rae's new album


I dig it.

Yummy soulful music. mmmmm.


Corinne Bailey Rae's hair


If I had a fro (which I fully intend to have someday) I would want one like hers.

You may think I'm joking.

But having some sort of fro in my lifetime is absolutely on my bucket list

You'll see.


Vintage Dresses and Skirts


You know what I love about them?

The length.

They hit right at the most flattering part of your leg.

I really don't understand the whole skirt right above the knee trend right now, NOT FLATTERING.

and what's worse...you can't find anything longer! I myself am guilty of owning such trends...there just isn't anything else out there! My only hope is to search through thrift stores for the ever elusive below-the-knee-skirt....sigh.


Bright Lipstick


Particularly bright PINK lipstick. I don't know why...

but it totally tickles my fancy.


Nail Polish

This may seem pretty common to you. I mean, what girl doesn't like nail polish right?

but it's actually quite strange for me. You see...

I grew up working on our ranch

where pretty nails are demolished with 24 hours

therefore I never made the effort to have pretty nails at all.

then, when I moved to college... when i could've had pretty nails....I thought it was too inconvenient because I wasn't used to putting in the time

I'm proud to say that I am now growing accustomed to this beauty routine and actually quite enjoy it!

Here's to becoming a normal girl!



Have a great day lovelies!


Love, Steve and Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes