Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Whole Wheat Pancakes



Well....

I'm STILL PACKING



The good news is,

the end is in sight!

We've got our UHAUL sitting in front of our apartment

I only have the bathroom left to box up

and husband is getting ready to start loading!

in a little over 24 hours we'll have everything unloaded (definitely not organized) into our new apartment.

That's kind of crazy.

but while I take a packing break

:)

I will share a breakfast recipe with you

because I love sharing recipes

and I feel like I only ever share dinner and dessert recipes...

OH and I like taking breaks!

Here we go


Whole Wheat Pancakes

This is one of my mom's recipes. It's super easy and pretty healthy too!

When I announced I was making pancakes for breakfast Steve told me that he doesn't really like pancakes. He informed me that he's prefer cold cereal. Cold cereal? What? But then I thought...maybe it's because he's only had pancakes from the mix.

(Seriously. If you've only had pancakes from the mix...you haven't lived)

So I informed him that I wouldn't allow him to have cold cereal, and if necessary I would hide the Cinnamon Toast Crunch until the next day, or worse...give it to the neighbors.

muah hahaha

and you know what? Turns out I was right, he loved these!  


Here's what you'll need:
serves 1...barely (I recommend doubling or tripling for two)

1/2 cup rolled oats (ground to powder in blender)

1/4 cup of whole wheat flour

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt

1 Tbsp. honey

1/2 cup skim milk



First Combine your dry ingredients in a bowl:


1/2 cup of Quaker rolled oats




1/4 cup of whole wheat flour


1/2 tsp baking powder


1/4 tsp salt
(don't judge the chipped measuring spoon)


Next add your wet ingredients:




1 Tbsp. honey


1/2 cup skim milk


Now mix it all together and...

viola!!

Your pancake batter :)


Easy Peasy.

Now, I only made one batch because I wasn't sure if Steve would like it or not, I strongly recommend doubling or trippling this recipe! You wont be sorry.


Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup for your cakes




Cook 'em till they're golden brown and delicious




Serve with eggs


and maple syrup



and you'll be one happy camper!

mmmm....

back to packing!

Love, Steve and Jess

1 comment:

  1. yum! good luck finishing packing and see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes