Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My favorite Pizza


I don't know what it is....but lately I just think that vegetable pizza is the cat's meow.


(Excuse the blurry picture)

This is my favorite pizza.
 Lately.

It's very simple.... but colorful. 

Which may be it's best quality.... 

Oh, and it tastes good too!

Here are the ingredients:

-Your favorite pizza crust (I usually make a thin crust from this recipe)
-Red pizza sauce
-fresh mozzarella cheese
-fresh flat leaf baby spinach
-fresh basil leaves
-cherry tomatoes
-garlic
-red onion
-peppered lemon chicken
-olive oil
-feta cheese



Can you say YUM?

Ok here are a few things I suggest when making this...

1. Begin by caramelizing the onions and tomatoes. Toss them in olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper. Then broil them in the oven for about 10-12 minutes. 

2. While you're preparing the dough, tomatoes and onions, etc. marinate your chicken (cut into strips) in some fresh lemon juice and olive oil (about 15 minutes). Heat up your grill (or in my case a cast iron skillet), salt and pepper your chicken...be generous with the pepper....and cook it through. Be sure not to cook it too long because you're going to throw it in the oven on top of your pizza as well!

3. When you're ready to make the pizza I would put the sauce on first, then basil leaves, mozzarella, spinach leaves, chicken, onions, garlic, tomatoes, then top it off with the feta


mmmmmmmm

Enjoy.



LoveLoveLove

2 comments:

  1. the only thing this needs is BACON

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, yum, yum! Your colorful pizza makes me crave it. It seems like it’s convincing me to make one for dinner. :) Thanks for your tips for cooking this pizza. It will surely be on our table tonight!

    >Joseph Carr

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes