Friday, February 11, 2011

Crooners

I love

The "Crooners"

maybe it's because my Dad danced with me to Frank Sinatra as a toddler

or maybe it's because I generally like anything that happened between 1940 and 1960

regardless.

To me...

there's nothing better than putting up the Christmas tree to Bing Crosby Christmas

or cooking pasta to The Best of Dean Martin

mmmm

 give me that big band and I'm set.



Here are some of my favs:

Bing Crosby

Ella Fitzgerald

Louis Armstrong

Frank Sinatra
Ole Blue Eyes himself

Dean Martin

Billie Holiday

Rosemary  Clooney
Is this photo not absolutely stunning?

Sammy Davis Jr.

Nat King Cole

Perry Como

Doris Day

Dinah Washington

Glenn Miller Orchestra



My honey caught on soon enough.

Needless to say,

 there have been many jazzy slow dances in our kitchen.



LoveLoveLove

3 comments:

  1. I'm just waiting for Diet Coke to make its debut on this posting phase of yours... its GOT to be coming soon, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Matt and I dance to our crooner jazz music too! Love everything about this post and classic jazz music, period!!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes