Friday, March 04, 2011

I am a teacher

For those of you who don't already know

I am a teacher

well...

not a real one, technically.

I'm a student teacher

which basically means I do all the things that I normal teacher does,

I just don't get paid for it.

Now that you know this

The fact that: 

My hair is always in a bun


I carry bags that look like this


and I only read  children's books


should make much more sense.


Anyway

one of the perks of this job is the entertainment

and by that I mean the kids

they really do say the funniest things

and this week

I heard a real gem

so I'll share it with you

because I love ya


Me: "Little girl (name left out for obvious reasons) is your Mother coming in this morning? She signed up to come and help with centers.

Little Girl: "Probably not, she's in the shower with my Dad this morning. I think they're trying to save water."

Me: "I'm sure they are trying to save water, how environmentally conscious of them."


BAH HAHAHAHAHA


I love this job.



LoveLoveLove

5 comments:

  1. Okay this is hilarious! I stumbled onto your blog from Katelyn's blog and am now stalking you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAhahaha! I laughed out loud. I love that your job will allow you to hear these things all the time. That's priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS! I haven't met you yet Jess, but I am Steven's cousin. I am dying because Sage Creek is the school I did my internship at. Diana and Natalie are two of my FAVORITE people in the WHOLE WORLD!!!!!! You have to tell them hello for me!!!!! You seriously couldn't be at a better school or in better hands. Oh, and I love the little girl's perception of her parents in the shower. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man SO funny. sometimes i'm so happy i don't have kids blabbing my business to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps i had a dream last night that your husband was the bachelor. don't ask me why.

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes