Wednesday, May 04, 2011

On being a bad wife...and really fun projects.

So Steve and I went out to eat tonight

which is weird 

because we decided not to go out to eat on week nights, 

and we've actually been really good so far!

but tonight we failed.

Do you know why we failed?

Because I spent 8 + hours sewing a dress today and didn't feel like cooking dinner

and don't go feeling sorry for me because I have to cook for my husband every night

oh no no

you see Steve volunteers to cook dinner

often.

but I'm a food snob and would rather cook my own meals

or go out to eat

I know I know...don't judge me.

but I wanted to show you the project I've been working on for the past few months

it's my first REAL sewing project

and for all you expert seamstresses out there

don't look too close :)

but here it is,

the finished product:







Maybe I'll take some modeling pictures for you tomorrow... maybe!

I'm so excited about it!

My friend Richelle is an ANGEL 

she's my secret tutor and helped me every step of the way!


Have a fabulous night, I'll check in tomorrow!



LoveLoveLove


8 comments:

  1. it's DARLING! the zipper up the back is sexy! good work! i love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is AMAZING! I just purchased a sewing machine a month ago and have yet to start on my skirt project. You have inspired me Mrs. Marcum! ♥ it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Richelle IS an angel. For sure. I sewed my first dress last summer and it was made of silk. Way to stick with cotton in the beginning. You probably had a few less melt downs than i did :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the floral print and colors! You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable jess!! i want it!!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes