Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Afternoon Dress Re-fashion


Yesterday afternoon I took on a project I've been wanting to do for a LONG time!


I found this dress at a southern California thrift store around five years ago (Hobo's!!!!)

and immediately fell in love with the light airy fabric and unique lace detail

the only probably was the dimensions were a little awkward!

It was slightly too short 

and slightly too low in front

which caused me to not wear it as much as I would have liked.

I didn't have the heart to give it up 

so I decided to make a few alterations my self.



I took some length off the bottom to make it knee-length

Made a ruffle for the neckline out of the extra fabric

and used the lace from the bottom to make sleeves


(don't look too close at those seams!!) 

After trying it on I decided the sleeves didn't really go with the ruffle

it was a bad clash of hippie and preppy.

So I ditched the sleeves 

and conceded to wearing it with a cardigan until I can figure something else out! 



Sleeves aside I'm really happy with how it turned out!

I'm always up for a new summer dress :)






LoveLoveLove

5 comments:

  1. So darling! I actually said aloud: "Wow, I'm so impressed."

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing! You are a talented seamstress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok you must teach me ALL your sewing skills, PLEASE! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just have to comment and say that your old posts are SOO lovely. it's like reading a cozy friendly book.

    and gollygeewhiz girl. you knocked it outta the park with this one.

    ps sorry for the comment overload. you are just too awesome!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes