Thursday, June 23, 2011

The City in a Rainstorm

I fell in love with New York City again today

I walked down Lexington

weaving in and out of small book stores and patisseries to avoid the rain

the tree lined sidewalk glistening under the barrage of moisture

I tried a french macaroon for the first time

at the cutest bakery I've ever been in

and died. just kidding.

bought flowers from a street side vendor for my Mother-in-law's birthday

came home, put on dry clothes and a pair of my husband's socks

curled up with a book by the window

and thought to myself...

yep.

I love this city.










LoveLoveLove

3 comments:

  1. So fun! And those look delicious. Have a fun week with the Marcums there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh. I feel the same way. And I walked down Lexington this afternoon, myself!

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yum! i seriously have an obsession with these little guys... they are just too delicious and too cute

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes