Monday, July 11, 2011

Bittersweet

I've really loved my time in New York

I've had time to throw myself into the shop,

 catch up on reading, 

and explore this beautiful city.

Now, all that said....

 is it bad that I look forward to leaving?

Today I had a long talk with a couple of my best friends on the phone,

and to be honest

it really made me homesick for good friends and familiar places.

Although I love the hustle and bustle of New York life,

sometimes the dirty streets and lack of friendly faces... 

weighs me down.

I'll always look back on our time here in the city with fond feelings,

and if we end up back here in a year or so...

I can't say that I wont be excited.

but I'm also excited to head back out west for a while

to spend time with old friends while I still can!

To enjoy green grass and Kneader's cafe,

to call my sister on a whim and go eat cupcakes and chat about life decisions.

I'm excited for a little familiarity and security.

That's all.





6 comments:

  1. I'll be up in two short weeks for some serious girl time! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved our chat today :) I want Kneaders and cupcakes too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to be back with you, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you. The lack of friendly faces does sometimes weigh me down. But I promise that if we ever run into each other in the city, I'll give you a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it turns out this bloggy world is especially tiny...i found your blog through busy bee lauren and rockstar diaries...and it turns out we went to the same high school! so weird. i graduated a year before taylor (who i think commented above me?)
    anyways! small world, love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can understand this completely.. nyc is wonderful.. but so tiring. i only live 15 miles away, but i know i couldn't live IN the city. plus no matter where you are and how amazing it is, it's always the best feeling to go home. especially the way you describe your home.. sounds lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes