Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Magic of Childhood

I have had the most wonderfully lazy Saturday.

Becca and slept in, 

made egg white, caramelized onion, tomato, and goat cheese sandwiches for breakfast,

and decided to indulge our sophisticated film tastes.

We caught a matinee showing of

Winnie the Pooh.


I have to say,

it was thoroughly enchanting.

It made me think about all the magic that childhood is.

the imaginary friends,

playing dress up,

disappearing for hours in your tree house,

exciting new discoveries...

every day a new adventure.

Is it weird that I can't wait to go through this again with my own children?

I hope to excite the same curiosity and imagination that my sister and I shared growing up

with my little munchkins someday.


Look at that cheeky little grin.

So here's some pictures from my Pinterest account...

to remind us of tree houses, and princesses, exciting adventures

and the magic of childhood.

















Happy Weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I REALLLLY like these pictures :) It reminds me how much happiness the simple things bring. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this movie, especially the part where Zoey D. sang the theme song.

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes