Thursday, July 28, 2011

Dinner with Becca

My dear friend Becca arrived yesterday 

the poor thing took a red eye from SLC and got here at 6:00 am

not fun.

she's here to search for an apartment for September

so we got right to it! 

I played tour guide and we searched our little hearts out all over the Upper West Side.

but pushy real estate agents, 

rude land owners, 

and miles upon miles of walking 

can wear a girl down.

so we got home put on some jazzy Louis Armstrong

and made bruschetta and pizza.

a perfect, relaxing night.




Wish us luck for today!

We'll be at it again, 

hopefully we'll find the perfect fit.



7 comments:

  1. oh man, your day sounds brutal, but the evening turned out nicely. hope today goes much much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a cozy night. Doesn't jazz + cooking heal all after a long day? Give Marian McPartland, a listen too! She's one of my faves for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Your food pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see your taking care of my sil! I hope you girls can find the perfect place for them (and for me to come visit!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, I need that pizza recipe! Do you make your own crust? I think that should be your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so delicious! Hopefully the apartment hunting isn't too stressful... though I know it can certainly be a challenge! Best of luck to her!

    xx Melina

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmm, i'm with ali! That pizza looks fabulous. Your meals always look so elegant and gourmet! Steve is one lucky man:)

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes