Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Fireworks on the 4th

What is it that enchants us about fireworks?

I don't know...but I just love to watch that pixie dust explode in the sky

there's something ironically peaceful about it.





I hope you all had a wonderful 4th.

Whether it included fireworks or not!

We fought through the crowds and watched the show on the Hudson.

Macy's lit up two miles of sky,

it was an amazing sight.

*******

As I stood there watching the display in my hubby's arms 

our experiences a few days prior from Boston replayed in my mind.

Turns out it was a really idea to go to Boston right before the 4th.

Walking downtown through the Freedom Trail,

where the Patriotism in the air is palpable...

prepared me well for this year's independence day.

I'm so grateful for the courage of our founding father's 

who paved the way for the freedom we enjoy today.









"There! His Majesty can now read my name without glasses. And he can double the reward on my head!" 

-- John Hancock after signing his name in large letters on the Declaration of Independence



LoveLoveLove

3 comments:

  1. Your pictures from Boston are so great! Glad you got to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many fireworks at once! I wish I went to a professional show. Those shots of Boston looks so patriotic! What a lovely trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty fireworks and I love your patriotism! Sorry I have been MIA on comments I will try to be better! Also you are adorable in your striped shirt. miss you.

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes