Saturday, July 16, 2011

I love you Harry Potter.

Harry Potter last night.

I laughed

I cried...

a lot.

one word:

EPIC.

It's kind of funny, when I bought our tickets a few weeks back... I was feeling a little apprehensive about going.

I know, weird.

I'm a total Harry Potter nerd, I live for this stuff right?

It's kind of hard to explain, but I felt this way when i finished the 7th book as well...

 I grew up with this story, and when it ended... I felt like a part of me ended as well!

I was sad to lose it.

and now with the movies ending...it was REALLY over.

and I was sad.

Luckily approximately 48 hours before the movie, I reconciled my feelings and started getting excited!

We went with our friends Tommy and Amanda

Amanda and I got together in the afternoon and made awesome shirts for us

and lightning bolt pins for the boys....(they were slightly less excited about the whole experience)

Not to mention amazing caramel popcorn balls to sneek into the theatre...shhh don't tell!

and we had a smashing time.

Here are some photos from the night:


Steve's best Mad-Eye Moody impression.... lol



lightning bolt pin!



I felt really cool.


Moral of the story: 

Harry Potter is a wonderful, inspiring story that will live on in my heart and the hearts of all who have read it.

I will be able to re-visit the stories throughout my life, by myself, and I'm convinced, with my children as well.

It's not over, it will never be over.

*******

and for a little comic relief...I leave you with this.

"Harry Potter is all about confronting fears, finding inner strength, and doing what is right in the face of adversity.Twilight is about the importance of having a boyfriend." -Stephen King



4 comments:

  1. Those Harry Potter shirts are so cute! You're such a nerd. And I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shirts you made are awesome! I want one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i felt the same way! you look so cute, i just love your hair so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! I can totally relate!! With me, it was the whole LOTR (Lord of the Rings) saga. Yes, the movies aren't quite like the books, but still an experience all in themselves. We hurry through the book, until we get to the end...we don't want it to stop!! Then the movies come...We all dressed up with our homemade shirts and elf ears just waiting for the midnight showing to be seated.

    These are memories that we will remember for the rest of our lives. :) Now I'm only waiting for the new Hobbit movie to come out! :D

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes