Monday, July 18, 2011

the sweetest thing.

so the other day I got a package in the mail,

packages in the mail are always wonderful, but this one was extra special.


The cutest girl sent this vintage Breakfast at Tiffany's record to me

along with a sweet note and an Audrey Hepburn pin.

I didn't even know she read the blog! It was so thoughtful of her.


I was so honored and moved when I got this, it just about made me cry.

It also taught me a little lesson on kindness...

never suppress a kind thought.

If a little voice on your shoulder tells you to say something nice, say it.

If the girl in front of you in line has on a cute blouse, tell her.

Sometimes I think these kind thoughts, but am too scared to share them.

Scared that they wont be received well, 

but chances are they'll make someone's day.

Like this made my day.

So you know what? I'm going to be better.

because what's the use of a compliment to someone else 

if you never give it to them?




Now on to find a record player,

and give some compliments while I'm at it!


5 comments:

  1. Jess! They have pretty affordable record players at Target! We wanted to do the "let's find a thrift store one!" but trust me it actually ends up costing you more in the long run. Plus the Crosley ones at Target are made to look adorably vintage. ANYHOO, back to the main point of this comment...you're blog is awesome :D And I read it almost everyday, it's that cute! Thanks for the share-the-love inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! How thoughtful! And an amazing gift! So selfless too.. If I had that record I wouldn't give it away..Haha! I'm such a meanie.. But at least I'm honest!

    Janette the Jongleur

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...what an amazing thing to do. And what an honest & thought-provoking post you've written. You are just lovely.

    I'm hooked...and am now your latest follower. Would be honoured for you to pop over to my blog one day and if interested, follow as well.

    Have a great day. How can you NOT after this amazing gift?
    xo
    Sada
    Dressology HQ

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes