Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I'm a Kindergarten Teacher.


I haven't talked a lot about my job on the blog

and for the anonymity of my students,

I'll probably continue to be silent.

BUT

 I do want to tell you about what I do every day

just this once. 

Of course, if you have any other questions feel free to e-mail!


So here it goes.

I teach Kindergarten at a private school in Salt Lake

The students learn in a charming old building with tall windows and wood floors.

Every child learns to speak french

they write in cursive on european paper for every assignment

and read books like Peter Rabbit and Peter Pan.

The children are taught to say thank you after every lesson 

and stand when you enter the room.

It's the kind of place where the staff's summer reading included Jane Eyre.

It's enchanted.

I love it.

I was made to teach at a place like this.





12 comments:

  1. The school sounds wonderful.

    I teach at a charter school and now I'm afraid I never want to go back to teaching at a regular public school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So enchanted! I literally couldn't imagine a more perfect job for you. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your job sounds amazing! Right out of an old movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Covey and all of his siblings went there:) How fun to be teaching kindergarten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. I love it. Gave me chills.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ummm this sounds so magical. how does one get a job in such a magical place? wow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay Jess! That sounds like the PERFECT job for you! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how dreamy! i might have gone into teaching if i could teach somewhere like that.
    now where did you get that fabulous skirt?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh! i felt like i was reading a book just listening to you describe this place! please tell us more. wow, your job sounds magical. i work in a place *slightly* similar. I am a music teacher and I teach in an old victorian home. one of the rooms i have taught in has an old fireplace and the windows are all original stained glass. the floors are uneven and creak when you walk around. i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And I am a jealous friend!

    My dream: Teaching young children of all abilities in a one-room schoolhouse.

    How did you find this place?

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow that sounds incredible. and you are so classy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ashley in wonderland. It's from J.Crew like 2 years ago...I think. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes