Monday, September 12, 2011

just call me Martha




Yep, I baked a pie last night.

Just call me Martha.


Pie Crust
• 4 ½ cup of flour
• 2 cups of shortening (or 1 ½ cups of Crisco and ½ cup of butter or margarine)
• Cut shortening into flour
• Add ½ cup of water
• 1 TAB lemon juice
• 1 egg
• Chill at least 1 hour

Berry Pie Filling
• 1 bag of berries
• 2 cups of sugar
• 2-3 heaping TAB flour
• Mix together
• Place in pie crust and dot with butter
• Bake at 425 degrees for 10 min and 350 degrees of 30-40 min



11 comments:

  1. Hello Martha! You, my dear, are 1 million times cuter than the real Martha too:-) Mmmm, save me a slice?! Hey, a girl can dream! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!! We have black berries everywhere in WA this makes me want to make a pie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I love how it looks homemade - i bet it tastes so much better than a store-bought pie! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally I love the Aunt Doris apron. She would be so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will you send me a piece??? It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh hey there Martha! What is it about a pie that makes me feel like the most domesticated woman in the world!? I don't know but, homemade crusts are from heaven...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog through Young People in Love. Your apartment is so cute! Did y'all buy a lot of the items second hand? Either way, it's very put together.

    http://ofseedsandthorns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are adorable :) i bet that pie was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pie kinda looks like a face without eyes. :) Anyways, I found your blog through Young People in Love, and it's adorable. I'm totally following! :)
    <3 Carrie
    http://carries-closet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks delicious!!! Unfortunately baking is not my strong spot!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes