Thursday, September 22, 2011

On exercising...or maybe not exercising.

I'm going to start working out again.

I know what you're thinking,

"Girl, all you eat is pizza and cupcakes....good luck with that."

Don't worry, my thoughts exactly.

and no, I'm not talking about any diet change. 

Let's not get extreme here.

I just want to feel stronger, 

more capable, 

more in control of my body.

I went to a yoga class for the first time in probably a year last night.

Let's just say I'll be hobbling into school tomorrow. 

I unknowingly went to the advanced class, 

(a story for another time)

 ended up standing on my head

 and twisting into pretzels I never knew my body could make.

but guys, it felt good.

Then I got this hair-brained idea.

I thought to myself "why not do another one of those 1/2 marathon things you did a couple years ago, you remember. The thing that nearly killed you and made you walk like a 90 year old woman for two weeks? That'd be fun!" 

Heaven help me,

it's pretty much settled.

I even convinced my BFF Erin to do it with me.

aka keep me accountable so I stick to training and won't back out.

(Some people are internally motivated, that's not me.)

Which is probably the reason why I'm telling you guys too.

because I know you guys will be dying for race day photos this spring right?

haha, probably not.

but you catch my drift.




9 comments:

  1. We should totally start an accountability thing, as I have also decided to run a half next spring, and the farthest I've ever done is a 10k!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! I'm excited. More importantly that looks like the best pizza EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't workout!? Lies. Look how tiny you are!

    As for walking into an adavanced yoga class, unbeknownst you...yikes! I envy you though!

    ♥Abbey
    Along Abbey Road

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh good heavens. admire you for going for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you ever need a running partner you can always give me a call! :) I usually go in the evenings around 8:00!
    I have a few good training routes for a half marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that you post food photos in this post.

    amen and amen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Which race will you do? I did the disney princess in March...yes its in Florida but you run through Disneyworld! Its the best ever. Moab is pretty cool too though.

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes