Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Recipe.

Last night left me husbandless.

Not permanently of course. 

I didn't want to spend a lot of time on a meal, 

but I also didn't want to just much on wheat thins all night.

(wouldn't be the first time)

Which leads me to this glorious salad recipe.

Before you go any further,

you should know that I have a healthy aversion to ranch dressing.

This is a fast, easy salad with a homemade balsamic vinaigrette.

enjoy.




Salad ingredients: 


fresh spinach
sliced apples
candied almonds
sliced red grapes
feta cheese


Vinaigrette:


1 part balsamic vinegar
1 part white balsamic vinegar
1 part red wine vinegar
2 parts olive oil
2 tbs. brown sugar


(shake this together in a mason jar...you'll have plenty left over if it's a salad for 1!)


I'm off to a field trip on the farm with the kiddos today!

Wellies and all.


6 comments:

  1. wow! awesome wife award goes to YOU!

    and can i say that i uH-dooore you new photos in the blog header.

    pure loveliness.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. goodness that looks yummy!!!! and I totally love the outfit your wearing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am husbandless right now too, but I resorted to an enormous serving of chips and salsa for dinner last night...oops. Wish I had some of that salad!

    So your outfit is AMAZING, and I am seriously obsessed with your rug. Where in the world did you get it? I need to know! I want one like that for Baby Rod's room!

    ♥Abbey
    Along Abbey Road

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you have a tripod or how did you get that gorgeous picture of you without the husband?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Abbey: I got the rug on overstock.com

    @Aimee: I just set my camera up on the mantle on self-timer! That's all :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your outfit! you're so stylish.

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes