Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Homemade Pumpkin Pie

This weekend I made a homemade pumpkin pie.

a real one.

No, not the kind where you add a shake of cinnamon and nutmeg into the pumpkin from a can.

The kind where you bake a real pumpkin, and harvest the goods.

I know, who knew anybody even did this?

I feel like I've reached a new level of domesticity over here.

*note: I do not usually bake in a dress and high heels, I started in pajamas and ended in church clothes...Sunday cooking at it's best.














It turned out so well!

 I didn't follow a recipe so I was a little worried...(there weren't any online that I fancied)

but the flavor was so rich and authentic.

Making it was instinctual and actually pretty easy!

If you're a food nerd like me I'd definitely recommend making one for Thanksgiving dinner!



12 comments:

  1. your posts make me eternally happy.

    today i'm off to cook heaps for tomorrow!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very impressed with your food nerd skills, especially since you did that without a recipe! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, i seriously can't believe you baked that from an actual pumpkin. you seriously amaze me

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is dedication!! But it looks so good, I wish I had thought to try it for tomorrow!

    xx Melina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made one from scratch this year but you know what? I didn't think it was really worth it! Mine was so dense (a lot of people probs like that) and delicious, but not worth the extra 2 hours of baking and the extra dishes. Your pie crust recipe was the best part!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jess, this looks delicious! I would have been too anxious to make it without a recipe so brava to you for making such a yummy looking pie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Looks yummy. Maybe someday I'll attempt the completely homemade pumpkin pie journey...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! i did that today, too! It looks like yours turned out prettier than mine, though! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made a pumpkin pie from a real pumpkin last year too! the flavor is SO good. I'm usually not a huge pumpkin pie fan, but when it's done right from scratch it is to die for :)

    p.s. you look so cute in that dress! love it! happy thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes