Tuesday, November 08, 2011

A Long Ride

There are few things that make me happier

than being out on the ranch.

I know my vintage dresses and aprons may throw you off,

but deep down inside I'm nothing but a small town cowgirl.

and when I'm out on the ranch, 

getting my hands dirty,

alone in the mountains on my horse, 

nothing can take the smile off my face.

I'm in my element.

It's my happy place.

And no matter where life takes me, I'll always come back to this place.

Back to my roots,

it's where I belong.










My brother, me, and my Dad.

Cowboy up.

P.S. isn't my brother a stud?? 17 and single ladies. He's got the whole blonde hair, blue eyes, surfer-cowboy thing going for him. Let me know if you want me to hook you up ;)

(photos taken last weekend on my whirlwind trip home)

7 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! I've always wanted to go horseback riding. Those pictures are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brother IS cute, but I'm trying to get the hookup with the cutie on the right! Your dad is a hunk...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, this looks like so much fun!! Makes me want to get out of the city and visit my home as well (though, sadly, we don't have horses).

    xx Melina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!!! I'm so jealous you had such a beautiful landscape to horseback ride in! Looks like tons of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. can i please come home with you next time you visit?? i'm literally obsessed with the country you live in! it's so pretty! and you can teach me how to ride a horsey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Mrs. Ham: yes please! We're only about 4.5 hours from you guys! (Yosemite area)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh I want to live there!!! Where is it?!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes