Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Scenes from the Weekend


I used to not be very fond of Halloween.

I viewed it all as scary movies and bloody costumes (which I'm definitely not into),

but in the last few years my perception has shifted.

Though it may not be my very favorite holiday,

it's become a time that I look forward to.

A time to celebrate leaves changing,

to dress up as your favorite character of fantasy (I have several of these),

 to drink herbal tea and snuggle up with your books,

to enjoy the smell of cinnamon and nutmeg in your kitchen,

to prepare fall dishes and carve pumpkins.

How could I not enjoy a time of year full of delicious food and children running around dressed as fairies?

I'm soaking it up this year.







from top to bottom: fall flowers that Steve brought me on Saturday morning, Mary Poppins Halloween costume, an english muffin and herbal tea Sunday breakfast, homemade baked pumpkin seeds.


Happy Tuesday!


9 comments:

  1. Cute Cute Cute! And sounds like the perfect halloween/fall weekend :)

    xoxo
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you enjoyed it. You make a fab Mary Poppins! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Mary Poppins costume...you actually look a lot like Julie Andrews too. I love Halloween...it's only in the last 10 years or so that it's become really big in Ireland so it's still a huge novelty. Though I have my inlaws visiting at the moment so watching Shaun of the Dead was the height of the festivities this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i cannot get over how amazingly cute you and the hubby's costumes were. well done, lady!

    ~em
    talesforkarina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Poppins = PERFECT costume! Love, love, LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooo! I almost went as Mary Poppins. You pulled her off so well. Love all your fall/Halloweeny pictures. :)

    Your blog is precious. I'm happily following!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm glad you like it now :) halloween is my favourite holiday, i love being scared and going into haunted houses!

    i love the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea of pumpkin seeds in a mason jar. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cutest costume! And the smells are my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes