Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Iron Chef.

Seeing as we had everyone together for the first time in over a year, we decided to have our traditional "Iron Chef Amarcuma" competition over the break. Based on the show Iron Chef America, we split up into two teams and had an hour to prepare and plate four dishes for the judges, all containing one secret ingredient...apples. My father-in-law has been the reigning Iron Chef since the traditions' birth, and this time I was asked to be the challenger chef. For my team Andrew, McKenzie, and Justin were chosen. Oh yes, Steve and I competed on separate teams. The competition was intense! I was seriously restless the night before tossing and turning, stressing over the event. It was a big deal. The kitchen was buzzing like crazy and in the end my team won by a hair with a pear apple and fennel salad, pork tenderloin with golden applesauce, honey mustard chicken and apples, and a french apple tart. I was so proud of my us! Say hello to the new, iron chef.













10 comments:

  1. Dear Jess,
    I am so glad I am back in the United States so I can blog stalk you and Steve. Thank you for being awesome. I love your hair! Miss you!
    Elyse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those plates look so professional! We do the same type of competition every thanksgiving!! How funny is that!? This year the ingredient was cool ranch doritos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea and I love that kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who are your judges? That is so awesome that your family does that. I get so high stressed in the kitchen I don't think I could do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome tradition! Nice work and the food sounds amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, this is intense! I am so glad you won, but I am not surprised :)

    I love the chef jackets and everything! Their home is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO awesome! Hey Jess did your FIL go to the CIA? My husband goes to the Greystone campus here in Napa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what an incredibly fun tradition!!! i love it! i am not even a little surprised you won. you would beat the all time champ just based on how pretty your food probably was....

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes