Monday, January 02, 2012

20 things for 2011

1. We attended a few fancy soirees.


2. I donated 17 inches of hair.


3. I visited Erin in San Diego and got to meet her little bundle of joy!


4. I graduated from BYU! 


5. We got to visit Brittney and Justin in Dallas... everything is bigger in Texas.


6. We moved to New York City for the summer.


7. I started my shop, Linda's Vintage


8. We visited Boston for the first time. and ate one too many cannoli. 



9. I saw Wicked on Broadway with my Mom and sisters. amazing.


10. We moved back to Provo and into our favorite apartment yet!


11. I started teaching the cutest class of Kindergarteners. 


12. Steve and I  were Bert and Mary Poppins for Halloween


13. Steve grew out his hair


14. Tay and I took a spontaneous weekend trip to Vegas to hang out with my Dad.


15. We spent Thanksgiving in Coarsegold with the Veaters


16. We got the cutest little Christmas tree... and named him Earl.


17. We celebrated our 2 year anniversary in Seattle.


18. We spent Christmas with the Marcums on Bainbridge Island.


19. I got to see one of my best friends get married in the LA temple.


20. My stud of a husband accepted an awesome job in Boston! Which means August 2012 will bring us back to the East Coast and back to Mike's Pastry. We're pretty excited.



2011 has been good to us, but I have a hunch that 2012 will blow us out of the park!

Cheers to that!



22 comments:

  1. *Lovely!* And congrats to Steve on the new job! What an adventure and so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet year in review! good luck on the move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! How exciting. Steve did accoun firm is heting right? What firm is he working for? Either way, that will be such a fun adventure for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new job! Hopefully you'll love Boston as much as I do. Please let me if you ever need any recommendations for anything from dry cleaning to dining to where to get your hair cut!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boston seems so perfect for you two. Congratulations and here's to 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing 2011! I can't wait to see your adventures in Boston and vintage finds!

    PS: I tried to post this once before, and accidentially wrote 2012 instead of 2011! Oh my goodness. I'm already messing up the years. And to think I was worried I'd spend all January writing 2011 everywhere instead of 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i wasn't aware you donated your hair. i just thought you looked beautiful with a short hair style. lovely inside and out.

    chrissy
    http://www.mydearwatsonblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your style and your hair. 2011 sounds like it was an amazing year for you and I hope 2012 is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jess, my dear!! I am so excited for you to move to Boston. We will have to get together after the two of you settle in.

    It's an incredible part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! You are so beautiful. And it sounds like 2012 will be an even greater adventure :)

    If you have 30 seconds, I'm hosting a Year in Review party over at my blog. I'd love for you to link up this post.

    http://liningthecloudswithsilver.blogspot.com/2011/12/link-up-year-in-review.html

    Thanks. Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. AH! I'm glad you end on Mike's pastry. But on the same street you MUST try "Modern Pastry" (which locals believe beats Mike's cannoli!) We did a taste test and agreed, you guys should see what you think! ;) Your year was colorful and fab!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love it! Jess you are so cute! Looks like a fun year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. your living room is seriously amazing. soooooo awesome. i want it haha

    and wow, 17 inches! you beat me by 2 or 3.. i can't remember! but i donated a ton back in February. i wish i had the guts to go really short like you did.. but i just don't think my hair would cooperate.. it's super wacky and looooves to be really big and fluffy. yoooou look so adorable with that cut, jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhhhh man 2011 was a good year for you!! How amazing that you got to live a summer in NYC...it's on my Bucket List :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the link up! It means a lot. You are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. SOOOO Excited for your big move. Heaps of new adventures, no?! I'm curious though why you lived in NY for a summer. Kinda makes me want to go back through your archives and find out.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Boston, especially in the summer! Just a short day trip from where I live. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great year. Can't wait to read about your adventures in Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Found your blog through Awkward Girls. Your sister-in-law, Jess, was my roommate in college. Random tidbit. Love the blog. Looks like you had a great year.

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes