Wednesday, June 06, 2012

17 weeks

Our baby is now the size of an avocado and the weight of a turnip!

the little guy (or girl) is still kicking my butt as far as nausea goes, 

but I love the little peanut anyway! 

To be fair...

it has gone down from around 4-6 trips to the bathroom a day 

to 1-3

so who's complaining?

in all honesty, lest I scare you away from ever conceiving...

feeling this little baby flutter around and do somersaults all over my tummy 

finally seeing my little belly pop out and instinctively resting my arm on top...

having Steve rub carrot lotion on my burgeoning mid section

imagining the chubby cheeks and blonde curly hair I just know will be mine in only a few short months

it's indescribable

I'm so grateful to be having this experience.

there is a special beauty in motherhood, even if, occasionally, you do feel like the walking dead. 









16 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous and I'm so glad you can enjoy the good parts of pregnancy. When do you find out the gender?

    ReplyDelete
  2. gaaahh!! SO SO EXCITED for you two!!! you look LOVELY(:

    x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are looking wonderful! Hope the morning/day/night sickness disappears completely soon :)

    xxx
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. When my mum was pregnant with my little twin sisters i felt their kick, too. and i enjoyed every second of her pregnancy, well not every but the most...
    I am so happy for you and i am also glad that you have a great pregnancy, this little bebe will have really good parents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful perspective. There is nothing like feeling your baby move inside of you. Hang in there! You look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally you post again :) Okay, now I seem like a creeper because I never comment.. but I read your blog all the time! You have the cutest style, and a poppin' good eye for decor. What a fun chapter to starting in your life. Good luck!
    Brytt @chocolatechipwaffles

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so cute! I love those pictures! I've missed hearing from you lately! Glad to hear a little bit about your life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look lovely.

    I am also suffering from morning sickness and feeling less than glowing but it will all be worth it! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are seriously the CUTEST prego lady I've ever seen! How exciting! And I love your view of pregnancy... about feeling like the living dead but feeling indescribable excitement and joy. Yes, motherhood rocks!

    P.S. I'm sorry you've been so sick for so long. That is super hard.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are my favorite pregnant mama on the planet. Beyond gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You might just be the cutest pregnant woman ever! What a great dress for your little bump! Enjoy it while it lasts!
    -Kristen

    The Mrs. and The Momma

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so cute! Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh man, i love your little baby bump!!! and i second kristen - you may be the cutest pregnant woman ever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi!! :)
    I really like your blog, I´m following you :D
    ... maybe if you have time, you could visit my blog too, and if you like it, follow me back ;)
    Kisses!
    http://modacapital-blog.com

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes