Tuesday, August 21, 2012

28 weeks.








Hey you guys!!!!!!

(if you got that movie reference we can be friends forever.)

I'm officially in my third trimester! Woo Hoo! I couldn't be more excited to meet this sweet little baby girl. Here are some updates for this week.

-I still have a pretty good amount of energy. I've been getting things done like nobody's business. I don't know if it's the pregnancy hormones or nesting or what....but Steve and I were talking about it- and this apartment is by far the most organized place we've lived in. It's like I've been in attack mode with any clutter in this place. EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE PERFECT AND CLEAN FOR THE BABY. Haha. We're loving it.

-I feel like my belly has totally popped out! It's huge! There's no mistaking it- I'm very pregnant. My belly button hasn't popped out and I'm so curious to know if it will or not. I'm pretty sure I have the deepest belly button known to mankind. seriously. So it would actually be rather interesting to see what it's like down there.

-The little lady is SO active. She kicks me all. day. long. I love it. Sometimes it's rather startling, but still fun. It's funny how those little bubbles progress into full on acrobatics!

-No swelling or stretch marks yet, I'm crossing my fingers that it stays that way! I'm thanking the high heavens for my mother's good genes at this point.

-Watching me try to sit up on my own is the best form of entertainment these days. Endless laughs.

-I've already started packing my hospital bag. It's sitting by by bedside table currently. I'm just so excited about this I can't even contain myself. I don't know if I call it being prepared or just plain OCD. Either way- I'm running with it! Better safe than sorry right?

-We're still not sure about names right now- there's a definite front runner and sometimes we use it to talk to her at night....but who knows?? We could meet her and realize that it needs to be different so we're keeping it hushed for now. At least to the world wide web! 
P.S. her little jabs that start as soon as Steve starts talking to her at night? Cutest. thing. ever. I melt.

-I haven't had any middle of the night, I need this RIGHT NOW kind of cravings. In fact, most of the baby "cravings" I've had are just for things that I already liked before- they just sound really good- really often. Currently that thing is whole wheat chocolate chip banana pancakes. Get in my bellaaay.

-I've been sleeping pretty well as long as I keep a pillow between my legs. Hallelujah. I thank the fact that I've gotten to sleep in my own bed for the first time in months. It's literally the most comfortable thing ever. Also, my body has kind of learned how to sleep walk through bathroom breaks in the middle of the night. I only open one eye half way and I vaguely remember the trip. It's awesome.

-I'm starting to get those little Braxton Hicks contractions a few times every day. They aren't painful at all- just kind of uncomfortable. I was a pretty funny sight waddling out of the movie theatre Saturday night dealing with a little contraction, heartburn/indigestion, and a full blatter all at once! We couldn't help but laugh about it! I love being pregnant :)


More than anything we just love this baby girl more than words can say. 

I just can't wait for November to roll around so I can kiss those sweet little squishy cheeks!


9 comments:

  1. Does she have the hiccups yet? Those used to make me laugh every time Philip had them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are gorgeous!! Can't wait to see her!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Savor all these sweet moments. This post totally makes me miss being pregnant. Good job being prepared with your hospital bag! Louise came 4 weeks early so you never know! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS :) You are so adorable and you have such an illuminating light about you! I guess that's what pregnancy does to you ;)

    I'm so glad you stopped by to say hello! Your blog is just darling.
    xoxo,
    t

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I'm new to your bog but congratulations. You look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. u are adorable!!

    i just put up some really cute clothes in my shop.
    if ur interested stop by.

    www.urbanstarlings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your last bullet point made me laugh. Boy, can I relate! You have the cutest lil belly ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. pregnancy obviously suits you--you look so happy!

    and i love all the kicks and jabs so much too :)

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes