Monday, August 06, 2012

A letter.


Dear Love,

I'm sitting here at the computer- missing you. We were so spoiled this summer, spending so much time together! Now you're back to work and I'm so proud of you- but I miss you when you're gone! Watson's driving me crazy. I feel like I can't concentrate on anything I'm doing for more than two seconds! Heaven knows, he'll take advantage and snipe into the bathroom to destroy the toilet paper or try chewing on the carpet. The little stinker. Good thing he's so dang cute. I think I need to go get him another bone. 

It seems like I spend all of my days getting ready for this little miracle of ours. I'm getting anxious! I just want to meet the little beauty. I remember when we talked about getting married (way back when...) and having children someday. You said you couldn't wait to have "a little part of me" in our children. That slayed me- I thought it was probably the sweetest thing I'd ever heard. I still do. I still think about it often. I can't wait to see this little girl, to see all the little traits of yours she has. I'm praying that she'll have your blonde curly hair and smiley blue eyes. I hope even more that someday she inherits your sincerity and ability to work hard and excel at whatever you set your mind to.

As we sat on the bed last night watching the olympics and feeling the little kicks dancing across my belly, I couldn't help but think how lucky this little girl is to have you for a father. You're the best man I know. You're honest and good. Thank you for rubbing my back when I'm nauseous and making me laugh when I'm cranky.

I love you more and more everyday.

Love, Your Wife.


5 comments:

  1. Lately I've loved reading your blog, Jessica. We got married a month ago now and I can't believe how fast time is flying by. My husband was home for 33 days and just last week had to go back to work. I really miss him during the day and sympathize with you. It's so nice when he comes in the evening. I also can't wait to see pictures of your baby girl. She's going to be a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet, sweet letter! I really enjoyed reading it. Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweeet. <3 I can't wait to see your beautiful baby girl! She's going to be as pretty as you, I know it. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so so sweet! I'm so happy for you two and can't wait to continue following as you grow into a family of three :)

    xxx
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes