Thursday, September 13, 2012

31 Weeks...and three days.

Well, according to babycenter.com our baby girl is the size/weight of four navel oranges this week.

 four oranges!

and let me tell you all, I have the tummy to show it. She's got quite the mansion in there!

I know I usually only do these updates every other week but I figured since my doctor's appointments are more frequent now, and the thought of 4 oranges was just too cute to handle....I'd do one today.

and I'd be lying if I said the fact that I actually shaved my legs AND straightened my hair today didn't have something to do with it.

(believe me- shaving legs is no small task these days.)





-well I've been to four different doctors in the course of this pregnancy and every one of them has said November 12th is spot on for our due date. I'm measuring right on target and can't believe how close we're getting!

-I'm much more emotional these days- I wouldn't say I have terrible mood swings but I can definitely cry at the drop of a pin (see yesterday's post).

-baby girl loves kicking me in the ribs these days, it seems she's taken up a permanent residence up there. SO fun for Mom! (sarcasm)

-heartburn. heartburn. heartburn. Who knew you could be so terrible! Ha. I wish I could figure out what triggers it. It just seems like I get it every night no matter what I eat, suggestions? I promise I don't eat mexican food every day either... lol

-The other night Steve rolled over, kissed my belly, and gave it a big hug in his sleep. Sweetest. thing. ever. It of course woke me up and brought me to tears- I'm still melted on the floor. Feel free to stop by and scrape me up at your earliest convenience. 

-still no stretch marks or swelling! Thank you Mom for your good genes.

- I'm addicted to birth stories- I thought that maybe they would freak me out but I'm just getting so excited to go through the whole process! Call it naivety- it probably is- but it just seems really exciting to me at this point!

-I'm also really excited to breast feed (too much information?)! I've had a few really vivid dreams about breastfeeding our little girl and I wake up so excited! I don't even know how to describe how I feel about it- seeing as I've never experienced it before- but I just can't wait to bond with my little girl. and I think it's amazing that my body can not only house her but also feed those little leg rolls. It's kind of amazing. I can't wait.




8.5 weeks to go!

keep growing pretty girl. Momma can't wait to meet you.





13 comments:

  1. I love hearing about your pregnancy, i'm sorry it's an emotional rollercoaster. I was going to ask you if you plan on talking about the AFTER birth? I don't know if this is something you're comfortable with, but I've always been interested to hear how things go after everything is said and "Done"


    Anyways, as per usual, great outfit!

    http://frenchpresstights.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Milk helped my heartburn. I would down a gallon of milk every other day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought about how you must touch your legs.. haha.
    You look gorgeous!!


    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking wayyyy too gorgeous to be 31 week (and 3 days:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, you look so amazing! being pregnant is such a trip, huh? in pregnancy i was always counting down the weeks and now i'm counting months as my baby is growing so fast. i love these pictures of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 4 whole oranges!?Your little gal is growing!One of my close friends just had a baby boy and had terrible heartburn her whole pregnancy,and wouldn't ya know that he came out with gorgeous long hair!Just hang in there mama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i never thought about the whole logistics with the tummy thing until my tummy got in the way--putting on socks is so hard and i keep forgetting bending over is not a good idea.

    and the joy of homrmones has hit me recently too--glad i am not the only one who is like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are just the cutest little preggo girl ever!!
    And that is crazy that all day long you are carrying around 4 oranges!

    That nursery is just too cute too! You have done an amazing job!!

    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  9. Drink a glass of milk before bed, even if you haven't felt the heartburn start yet, and it should help. I went through the same thing with this pregnancy, and it's literally the only thing that helped. I'm due in three weeks and am getting so very excited about meeting my little bundle!! But, not so much about the breastfeeding... I've decided I'm doing it, but I'm still not really sure how I feel about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so cute! It's crazy she's 4 oranges big! Breastfeeding is the best thing ever! I can't say enough good things about it. I LOVE it. It takes some determination at the beginning though (it takes some practice and it's painful for a week or two) but so so worth it! Especially 9 months after she's born--you'll be rocking extra skinny jeans! I hope it works out for you.

    Also, you handled the dog chewing up your mail better than I did when I was pregnant. Ours shredded a package too. If it weren't for my husband, he would've died. :)

    Please take lots of pictures of your enchanting New England Fall! I miss it this year already.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow! I always love reading your updates. Being pregnant has just been the most amazing thing and I can tell I have so much more goodness to look forward to. :) Can't wait to "meet" you're little girl too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jess, you are so adorable. I have loved reading your blog over the past months and getting to know you via the blogging world. My husband and I recently (like a month ago) moved from Provo/BYU to the D.C. area and are also exploring this new East Coast way of life.

    Congrats on the new baby soon to come. Keep the updates coming!

    sydishlife.blospot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know exactly how you feel! Heartburn has been killing me. I am now 29 weeks pregnant and cannot sleep from all of the heartburn. I sleep with tums by my bedside and take a Pepcid Ac before bed. If you find out any other suggestions, I would love to hear them :) and you are so lucky you are not swollen. I can't remember what my feet and hands look like.

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes