Wednesday, September 12, 2012

a letter, one naughty puppy and gratitude.


Dear Steve,

Yesterday I came home to a front porch full of ripped cardboard, the remains of a baby monitor strewn across our doorstep and a stumpy puppy looking up at me with a deceivingly sweet face. I looked around and started to cry. Heaven knows why that completely sent me over the edge- but it did. I sat down, tried to pull myself together and called you at work. As soon as I heard your voice I started crying again. I told you what our mischievous little pup had done, I told you I didn't know why I was crying. Probably hormones. You patiently talked me through it. Told me to leave the scoundrel out for the rest of the day, told me it was ok to order a new one. Then you came home early, bought me my favorite tacos and went with me to Petsmart to get Watson some teething toys.

This may seem trivial- but it was exactly what I needed. Every day I just feel more an more grateful for you in my life. You know exactly how to calm me down and make me feel better- even when I'm irrational. How lucky are we to have each other? You're such a wonderful husband and I can't wait to see you as a father. Our little girl is so lucky. Thank you for being so perfect for me.


love, your wife.

9 comments:

  1. :)

    http://frenchpresstights.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet :) When we first got Aspen we kept him inside while we went to work cause we didn't have anywhere to put him. We locked him in his room with a baby gate blocking his way out. One day he learned how to jump over the gate. I cam home to about 8 piles of throw up and poop around the house. 2 shoes half way eaten, a bag of skittles eaten, and maybe more. Our house stunk, but our pup felt so sick I couldn't even punish him for it. Anyway, maybe this will make you feel better about what your dog did. Hah! And they get over that need to chew everything stage. I promise. Get him some chew toys or even some wood to chew on. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww what a sweet husband you have! our puppy is in the same chewing/teething stage. luckily we can crate him during the day (with a midday break), but he insists on biting us when he gets tired/rammy/bored. i definitely feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet husband you have!The bad puppy thing must be in the air,my little pup has been a little monster lately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cow bones! They kept Toby entertained for hours when he only wanted to chew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He sounds magnificent and you look like the most gorgeous pregnant woman I've ever seen. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a fellow pregnant woman; stop trying to make me cry!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes