Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Chilean Independence Day!


Happy Chilean Independence lovelies!

You may be wondering why I am celebrating-

and no, I don't have some crazy hidden past originating in South America.

but that would be cool.

Steve served a two year voluntary mission for our church from 2006-2008 (before we met)

and Chile has reserved a soft spot in his heart forever because of it

so every year we try and do something to celebrate!

Tonight Steve has to work late so I've been busy making empanadas de pino to bring into the city for him.

such a good wife right?










For those interested I use this recipe (minus the beef bullion and substitute ground turkey for ground beef)

For all the authentic empanada lovers out there....in Steve's words "they taste like chilean empanadas...but better."


Happy Tuesday! enjoy!



4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Why didn't I get you to invite me over for this? I have been looking for a Chilean restaurant in the area all day so I can celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so sweet! what a good wife :) we visited my husband's mission in paraguay and the empanadas were to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just too precious. And that dinner looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm that picnic basket is the cutest thing i've ever seen! Such a sweet wife!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes