Tuesday, September 25, 2012

DIY Headband Rack.

As my instagram friends know all too well- I've been going a little crazy with the headband making for the little lady.

The jar I had them in was just not cutting it anymore- so I decided a headband rack was in order!

It was super easy to make- I think I spent $5 total.

Here's what you need:

1. small piece of wood (mine was leftover from a previous project but sometimes you can get wood scraps at the saw at Home Depot for free!)

2. twine or ribbon

3. small screws (I used 16) on hooks to hang headbands, necklaces, etc.- I don't remember exactly what they're called but they're easy to find at Home Depot

4. 2 Eyelet screws for the top to string your twine/ribbon through.

5. paint- if desired




just paint your wood, and screw in your hooks equal distance apart.

(I used leftover paint from the dresser I painted in the nursery but the options are endless here!)

They're actually easier to screw in than you'd think! I had my husband start them until they caught then I screwed them the rest of the way with a pair of pliers. This is not to say you're not perfectly capable of doing it completely on your own, I'm just kind of a waif in the bicep department as of late. 

Screw your eyelet screws into the top of your board about 2 inches from the ends.

String your twine/ribbon through the screw then hang!

easy peasy organizing- that's what I like!


3 comments:

  1. so wonderful, i am sure she'll look so beautiful with these headbands! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so crafty and that looks adorable! Have you done a tutorial on how to make the headbands? They're so cute I feel like I need to make some! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE all these headbands you made. Will you make me some if I have a girl? :)

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes