Friday, September 28, 2012

Taking advantage of fall.




Last year I felt like Steve and I were SO good at taking advantage of fall.

but last year Steve didn't work till all hours of the night and I didn't have heartburn.

or a baby kicking my ribs.

I'm nervous that this year could easily slip away from us!

it's such a fleeting, breathtaking season and I'm already getting nervous that I won't make the best of our first one in New England!

So in an attempt to keep myself accountable ...

I'm making a fall to-do list and posting it online for the world to see!


Here goes:


1. Go to the beach. We'll wear beanies and bring blankets and sip hot chocolate!

2. Make pumpkin pie from scratch

3. Go apple picking

4. Take a long scenic "fall" drive 

5. Carve pumpkins

6. Roast pumpkin seeds


It's not as lofty as last year's- but it'll do!

Wish me luck!



Happy Friday.

9 comments:

  1. Carving pumpkins and having roasted pumpkin seeds are some of my favorite memories from fall growing up! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lets make pie from scratch with Kasee and I are visiting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am aiming to carve my first pumpkin this year and enjoy fall but i already feel like i am missing some of it to, time is just flying by.

    i need to remember to take my camera and capture the leaves changing colour instead of being lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely looking forward to picking out a pumpkin this year. :) i love your blazer! where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a long shot but...I have a friend that owns a huge fruit farm in Hollis, New Hampshire (less than an hour away from you). Brookdale Fruit Farm. I've never been there but I hear it's amazing. They also are doing pumpkins and other fall festivities right now. Just an FYI. That could be several birds with one belly! (huh? I'm weird)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I shall be stealing your fall to do list. I feel like this year has gone by so incredibly FAST! And I am determined to take full advantage of this fall season, and the holiday season too. Cause it'll be here in no time!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes