Tuesday, October 02, 2012

34 weeks.





-This week my babycenter.com update said "If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies." Can you believe it? I think all the other pregnant mommas out there will agree with me- I felt like having a big party as soon as I read that! Then I reality checked and realized just how fast this is coming up! 6 short weeks till my due date. 

-I'm trying not to get my hopes up for any early arrivals from this little babe considering I seem to be following my mom's pregnancy blueprint to a "t"and she was overdue with every. single. pregnancy. 

-The other night I told Steve I was done being pregnant. I'm sick of not fitting into anything anymore. I feel huge. Every time I roll over at night I wake up and can't go back to sleep. The little kicks that I love are starting to get really uncomfortable- especially when they are up in your ribs and you have to sit in church for three hours. or when they wake you up at 5:00am. and heck is it bad to admit that I can't wait to fit into my high-waisted skinny jeans again?? His reply was: "You can't give in now Jess!" Sweet husband. I won't give in yet- you just may need to expect a few more bouts of whining before this is over!

-This weekend I was sitting with my dad in his hotel room after breakfast when the little lady started her gymnast routine. I told my dad and he got to come over and feel his little grand baby for the first time. It was so special. I can't believe the next time I see him I'll be a mom and he'll officially be a grandpa! I love picturing my parents as grandparents- my kids are so lucky. They'll be so loved (from both sides).

-My exercise routine that was once so good has diminished to daily walks with Watson. That's about all I can handle anymore- whether it's lack of energy or discomfort...who knows. In my defense- we always make sure to do lots of stairs. He usually needs several naps to recover.

-My large stack of pregnancy/baby books is dwindling. Which is some sort of accomplishment if you ask me! I'm not sure how prepared you can really be as a first time mom but it makes me feel better to read. Since I can't actually put any of these theories into practice yet I'll be sure to review the books on the blog post-baby.

-Steve and I have perfected the side hug now. My arms around his neck, his around my waist (or what used to be my waist), bodies twisted to the side so as to include the little lady. It's pretty impressive. 

-Don't let me fool you- despite all the discomforts, I still thank God every night for the opportunity to carry this little angel. Steve and I can't wait to be her parents.





Well, I'm off to my 34 week appointment!

Happy Tuesday.

6 comments:

  1. i know how you feel. i feel so thakful for my baby girl kicking around inside of me yet the back pain and lack of sleep i might moan about occassionslly...who a i kidding jonny is probably sick of hearing about them :)

    you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jess. I know exactly how you feel. Steve is so sweet. You truly are one of the most beautiful pregnant women I have ever seen, and those high-rise skinny jeans are going to look awesome. It will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swooning over your collar! I've never been pregnant, so I can't really relate to any of this, (although you have given me extreme baby fever) but you honestly look radiant! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your pregnancy. You look great!
    I just had a baby and all the books I read still didn't prepare me for the reality of labour and motherhood. Just go with it - you'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep going!!! You're almost there - and looking fabulous I might add :)

    xxx
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate the last few weeks of pregnancy. Hate them. But hang in there, it'll be over before you know it! Some people say a few weeks after having a baby you'll wish you could put that baby back in your tummy for a little while. Not me. I'm so glad to have it out!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes