Thursday, October 11, 2012

35 weeks.


at 35 weeks I...


-have a core body temperature that I swear is at least five degrees higher than usual. Since when do I have to warm my husband up at night? Hasn't he had to do that for me our whole marriage?

-can still fit into a few of my pre-pregnancy jeans (with the help of a rubber band) but have to spend my days pulling them up- as pictured below- so as to avoid any public embarrassments.

-got a gym membership at our new apartment complex! Finally,  I've been able to do something other than long walks with Watson (no offense little man). I love power walking uphill on the treadmill for 25-30 minutes then finishing off with a 10-15 minute arm or leg workout. I feel like I have so much more energy and less aches and pains when I can get in a good workout.

-felt the little lady hiccough for the first time early this morning. They went on for around five minutes! Very cute- even though it woke me up.

-have had about a five day stretch of good rest at night- praying this keeps up...but not counting on it! I love how everyone loves to tell me to get sleep while I can- but what pregnant woman can? She's got a baby kicking at her ribs every time she lays down, an overactive bladder and a "basketball" roughly the weight of a honeydew melon yanking on her back all night! Note to self- never tell a pregnant woman to sleep all she can now...she probably can't.

-get Braxton Hicks contractions a few times every day. Some days I get them more often than others- it just depends. 

-still throw up every now and again- but nothing like the first 20 weeks...nothing. My new archenemies is heartburn...yet I can't stand the thought of taking TUMS- so it's partly my fault. Don't feel too bad for me.

-have had no swelling or stretch marks yet!! Yay! and only 5 more weeks to go- we're in the home stretch. No pun intended.

-still sit in the little lady's nursery for at least 10 minutes a day- daydreaming about what it will be like to snuggle her, smell that newborn smell and kiss those soft cheeks. 



7 comments:

  1. Jessica-
    I noticed that you said you were sick up until 20 weeks, I'm almost 19 and still get sick on a daily basis and i'm on zofran...it's miserable! I just want to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Tell me your secrets.. any foods that helped you..anything?!
    P.s. you look so great pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look soo good! 5 more weeks until we all get to "meet" your little peanut! can't wait. she is gonna be soo beautiful! i'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was pregnant during the winter and it was nice not having to bundle up because i was always so warm! good luck in the home stretch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sincerely hope that I'll be half as cute a preggo as you! (When the time is right, haha)

    ReplyDelete
  5. skinny minnie! I gained so much weight in my thighs that I didn't have a prayer of ever wearing my real jeans during pregnancy. Way to go, girl! And amen to the sleep thing. It's a cruel cruel universe. Baby girl is just getting you ready for the first two months of her life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i know exactly what you mean about the sleep. i get told it all the time and sometimes i want to say really i would love to sleep but sleep hates me ;)

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes