Friday, October 26, 2012

37 weeks + 4 days.

but who's counting?

I'm in the home stretch!



Updates.

 -I may be a little overly excited about this- but at my 37 week doctor's appointment this week I was dilated to a 3 and 80% effaced! already! My doctor was really surprised at how low she is and said we may have an early arrival after all! I'm really trying not to get my hopes up....

-My hips have started to get really sore and stiff, to all you mammas out there- is that normal? I feel like I'm a cheerleader again. Let the waddling begin.

-As mentioned earlier this week. Sleeping is not easy. I guess it just comes with the territory! The only plus to waking up for the umpteenth time last night was getting back in bed and having my sleepy husband grab my hand and pull me in for a closer snuggle. I love that guy.

-I tested positive for the Group B strep virus. bummer. I'm just glad I found out! My doctor told me 1 in 3 women test positive so it's super common, I'll just need IV antibiotics during labor.

-This doesn't have a ton to do with pregnancy but I'll just share anyway. Watson has been such a sweet little pup for the last month or so! It makes me feel so much better about having him around with baby. I was never worried about aggression from him- he's a people lover. I was more worried about dealing with the mischief along with an infant- but he's just really made me feel better about the whole puppy/baby situation. I think he's finally adjusting to our new place! Thanks little buddy.

(knock on wood)

-Everything is ready- I have a few last minute projects (nursery curtains...) I'm working on this week and then it'll be time to just sit and wait! We can't wait for you to get here little girl!





10 comments:

  1. She will be here before you know it! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting! I can't believe you are already at 3 cm! She could literally be here any day :)

    xxx
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping my fingers crossed for an "early" and healthy delivery!!! The doctor broke my water when I was 39 weeks, 3 cm, and less than that effaced. My second baby was here in 5 hours after that. :)

    And yup, it's totally normal to feel like your hips are just gonna pop out of their sockets. So sorry, it can be so painful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look so good! and almost there - i sometimes couldn't remember NOT being pregnant during those nine months :) i was worried about our corgi with the baby too. he was just really curious but learned to just leave the baby alone. he was also jealous because we were always holding the baby and would want to be pet all the time so we tried to make an extra effort to play more with our dog so he would like and not resent the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's getting so close! Excited for your little family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i remember the day you told us that you're pregnant like it was yesterday... time flies by soo fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look incredible, your belly is seriously adorable!
    My hips totally did that to me this time around. It'll go away once your little lady arrives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My hips and pelvic area were extremely sore a few weeks before Will arrived. I could literally hardly walk, every step hurt. Thankfully that only lasted a few days for me. Oh the pains of pregnancy! It's all worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ummm. . . HOT mama alert. seriously girl. how do you do it?! you look amazing. and can i ask, is that shirt from AE? husband and i ran through there last night and i saw one that looked just like this. you almost made me purchase it on the spot because of how cute you look. :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes