Tuesday, October 30, 2012

38 weeks

Well I dilated another 1/2 inch this week, which means I'm dilated to a 3.5 now with no contractions to speak of yet! At my check up yesterday my doctor said he wouldn't be surprised if I had the baby today- I was really hoping not... considering the tiny little hurricane we have going on over here, but I guess if the little lady wanted to make a memorable entrance this wouldn't be a bad time.

Steve was absolutely convinced I was going to go into labor last night..."fatherly instincts".... it didn't happen. Luckily Sandy looks like she's blown over and we made it through without any dramatic trips to labor and delivery!

We finally installed the car seat this weekend! Woo! It makes toting a baby around seem all that much more real. I love getting in the car and catching a glimpse of it in the back. 

I also put our hospital bags in the trunk, just in case. and put a list of things that we need to bring that wont be packed already on the mirror in our bedroom for Steve. Heaven knows I'll be incapable of thinking clearly once I go into labor ;) over prepared is better than the alternative right?

and now since the impending labor seems like it could come any day now...let's take a trip down memory lane shall we? I've been wanting to compile all these pregnancy photos via my iphone- so here it goes! Sorry about the lack of photos early on, if you'll remember I was pretty much dead to the world.



12 weeks


3 months


3 months


4 months


4 months


5 months


6 months


6 months


7 months 


7 months


8 months


8 months



and now here's me in all my 38 week pregnant glory.





I have to admit...I no longer feel any ounce of cuteness- I'm just ready to have this baby. We're only documenting over here for posterity's sake. 

19 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! You're getting so close - glad to hear that the storm has mostly blown over :) I think you still look adorable - will be thinking of you over the next few days! By weeks end, I think she'll be here!

    xxx
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You are so close! We can't wait to see the little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your belly is hands-down one of the cutest! For your sake, I hope you go into labor any minute now too. Each day those last few weeks feels like a lifetime! However, I have two sister-in-laws that dilate to 6cm (and even 8!) before going into labor. Talk about short and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The end is the worst!!! Good luck, hope everything goes smoothly for you! My only advice: DONT WAIT to get the epidural!!! Oh, and if the hospital/nurses do something you dont like, stand up for yourself or make Steve... you are the boss in this situation :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute Jess!! I can't believe you're so close already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a good recap. I love that stuff. Even though you don't feel cute and probably want to slap me for saying this, you still are super cute. And those leggings are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You may not feel cute, but you really are. I love looking at the outfits you put together. The bottom one? My favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. holy shit you're definitely ready to pop! I wish you guys the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BUT YOU ARE SO GORGEOUS STILL!! ;)

    i'll be stalking this blog all the time and ig so i see her face as soon as possible.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely recap - and you still look amazing! i've also heard crazy weather like storms and hurricanes can cause labor so maybe she will be here soon?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow so great to see all of these photos. And from my personal point of view you look beautiful. Excited to read more once your little lady comes into the world. You are going to be a great mom. Sending warm wishes and good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look GREAT! and your leggings are fantastic! where can i get a pair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The leggings are H&M and literally the most comfortable things EVER!!

      Delete
  13. as though she will be here soon--so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. THE last photo of me that I posted whilst preggo, I was wearing almost the exact same lace top thing! Sooooo, it must be a sign:-) Go for a long walk and eat some spicy curry! badabingbadaboom. Baby time! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. And your legs are still in perfect shape. You are a cute pregnant lady!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So excited for you two! You make such a cute pregnant lady and I bet an even cuter mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know how you feel. I was so ready to be done by the end. I would just cry when my husband came home from work. I did everything I could think of to get that baby out of me sooner but she wasn't coming till she wanted to!

    Good luck and try to relax as much as you can- and eat because you never know how long it will be till your next meal. My labor was over 20 hours and that was tooooo long to go without food! I kept watching the food network channel and trying to bride people to sneak me in food!

    ReplyDelete
  18. trust me, you're ADORABLE. and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes