Monday, October 01, 2012

Dad.

Dad came to visit over the weekend- well technically he came for a business meeting but I pretty much monopolized all his free time.

We took a tour of downtown Boston, ate some delicious steak tips at an Irish pub, played with my naughty-but cute- puppy, had some Legals Seafood, toured the battle at Lexington and tried to keep dry (and warm) with all the rain we had!

He was just here for a couple days but I miss him so much already. I shed more than a few tears when he left.

Steve always laughs- he says when I get around family (especially my dad) I use different words and talk with an accent. Being that I come from northern California with no real accent, I can only assume this is some variation of a "ranch accent".

if you live by your family- do me a favor and never take it for granted! Give your parents and siblings a big hug every chance you get.





7 comments:

  1. That must have been a really fun treat. I laughed when I saw that you went to Legals because when my husband worked downtown in Boston that was the only place he would have lunch. It must be good. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sweet. I am soaking up every moment that we are still living with my mother because I know it will be gone soon! I'll hug her extra tight for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in the same town as my family, but because of school I don't get to see them as much as I would like to. When I do get to see them and spend time with them, it some of the greatest memories I have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you were able to spend some time with your Dad before the little one arrives!

    Sounds like you kept him busy :)

    xxx
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I know exactly how you feel! We missed family so much when we lived in NY. However, living away from family was also good for our marriage and growing little family. Now that we live close to family again, it feels like a special treat. We will never take it for granted ever again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow...ur dad looks so freaking young. He could be ur husband in this picture if I didn't know better. (and that's not saying you look old fyi)

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes