Monday, October 08, 2012

more baby crafts.




you guys, I know I've already done a ridiculous amount of baby crafting

but I seriously can't help myself.

Steve and I felt like we needed a little more "whimsy" for little lady's room

(and the fact that Steve used the word "whimsical" and was actually the one to suggest something like this makes me love him all the more. I think I may be kinda rubbing off on him.)

and when I saw these branches laying on the ground the other day 

my little mind went to work.

it actually took a lot longer than I anticipated to wrap all the branches in yarn-

but I think it paid off! 

I'm in love with this whimsical-pseudo-nursing-mobile


I would post a detailed step-by-step how-to 

but to be honest I just kind of winged it!

(feel free to e-mail me if you have any specific questions) 

I used what I had on hand, took it step by step and added little things here and there as I went!

Hopefully it just provides a little inspiration for you if you were wanting to do something similar.

but my favorite part?

the crystal beads hanging from the branches- 

I feel like she'll love looking up at them twirling around above her sweet little head.




7 comments:

  1. It's so adorable! You're such a good mommy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i actually love this! i may have to do some branch hunting.

    romantically challenged

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's adorable!! You are the most prepared pregnant woman ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, I have to say that I love reading your blog and have been a fan for a while now. Once upon a time when you were living in UT I saw you at a book store and wanted to say hello but was too shy.

    Anyways- I was on pinterest today and saw the below link to a branch scarf/tie/etc... rack and thought of you and your craftiness. I bet you could recreate this with ease if you so chose:

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/66636810/wolf-den-coat-rack?ref=fp_treasury_4

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes