Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Abbey


Welcome to the most stylish mommy in the blogosphere! I can assure you that Abbey is just as fantastic (if not more) in person as she is on her blog. Enjoy!

*******


Hello, fellow Steve and Jess admirers! I am Abbey, from Along Abbey Road. Jess and I are old friends out of the blogosphere and in the blogosphere. I am a lucky girl to call her a friend. It tickles me pink that Jess asked me to share some newborn babe stories while she is enjoying her own squishy, beautiful newborn babe!

Babies are miraculous, complex beings. Babies are also tiring and testing beings. I remember that first moment I sat on the couch with Luke, just the two of us. Both Matt's mom and my own had made their rounds teaching us their best-practiced mothering skills and Matt reluctantly went back to work.

There sat this helpless, wrinkly, perfect human in my arms. I was terrified and thrilled all in the same moment. I already knew him from the kicks, flutters, and rolls we shared those last 10 months, but now he was really there. Tears flooded my eyes that we had been blessed to rear and direct this amazing soul.

I will never forget the feel of Luke's silky almost translucent skin. The smell of his tiny body curled up under my chin. The softly pleading and adorable cry. The way he reached up his tiny, 1-inch hand to mine while he fed, reassuring me that I was his favorite and most-needed person in the world.

Those are the moments that we mothers live for.

Congratulations, Steve and Jess! So excited for you to create your own loving memories with your beautiful baby girl!

1 comment:

Love Notes