Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Erin.

and today I have for you my best friend, Erin.

and Scott.

I love them. enjoy.



In February 2011, our sweet little boy Scott William entered the world. They say when a baby is born, so is a mother. And that couldn't be more true. Becoming a mother almost immediately and deeply changed who I am for the better. It brought me the capacity to love another little person in a way I didn't know was possible. Have you seen the old cartoon version of the Grinch? I often think of the scene where it shows the Grinch's heart getting bigger and bigger until it almost bursts. That is often how I feel as a mother, like my heart will just burst with love for my little one! From the first time seeing the man you love tenderly holding your baby, to the first time you toddler runs up to hug your leg while you're washing the dishes, it never stops. 



One of the best parts of being a parent, that continues to amaze me daily, is seeing the world through my son's eyes. It makes you slow down and notice the beauty and wonder around us. I remember the first time I caught Scott as a newborn examining the bird mobile I made for above his changing table. It made me so excited! Now Scotty is a rambunctious little toddler and has a lot to show and tell me about. He notices when the moon is out while the sun is still up in the early evening. On our walks he has to stop and pick every dandelion puff along the way to blow the seeds. The biggest smile fills his face when he sees a doggie, or any animal for that matter. 



 The first time Scott met Watson


This week he has been ecstatic about the Christmas lights he has seen up so far. One of my favorite parts of being a parent is sharing a piece of his excitement. My husband and I always joke about the simple ways we spend our Friday nights with Scott now. His excitement makes sitting at the park, going for a walk, or wandering the mall seem like an adventure. I have a friend who jokingly said taking her son to Disney Land was second only to her wedding day as far as best days go. I am yet to take Scott to Disney Land, but I can see how that would be true! As any mother or father knows, being a parent is hard work! Savoring the moments where you see just how precious, loving and innocent these little souls are makes it all worth. I know Jessica is going to be a wonderful mother! She is my best friend and truly one of the greatest people I know. I can't wait to meet baby Clara! I'm sure she will be just as lovely and charming as her mother. And I'm sure her and Scott will make one handsome couple some day... 



just teasing... but kind of not ;)


1 comment:

  1. you know whats really cool! i found erins blog when scott was only 1 month old and i yours a few months before you got pregnant. i didn't knew that you guys know each other. i just still think it is really funny and the world is sooo damn small!
    thank you for this cute guestpost!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes