Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hate to state the obvious thanksgiving-cliche....(or maybe I don't hate it so much)

but this year I have so much to be grateful for.

and I want to write it down, list-style

here it goes.


-I'm grateful for the beautiful, healthy baby girl that we were blessed with. Sometimes I can't believe that God has entrusted me with this sweet little spirit. She's perfect and I'm so grateful to call her ours.

-I'm grateful for a sweet loving husband who supports me and loves me. A husband who drowsily tells me I'm amazing as I slide into bed after a late night/early morning feeding. A husband who can't wait to get home and snuggle our baby girl and give her nicknames like jelly bean.

-I'm grateful for a warm, comfortable home.


-I'm grateful for my incredible mother who flew out to Boston the moment she found out i was in labor a week early- who has cooked every single meal for us, stocked our fridge full, taught me how to do a "quick swaddle", helped me bath my babe for the first time, and told me it was going to be OK when Clara refused to nurse for more than two minutes at one feeding and I just knew I had failed at motherhood.

-I'm grateful for my naughty mischievous corgi. Even if he is a stinker sometimes. Or a lot of times.

-I'm grateful for all of our family and friends that have given us so much love in the past two weeks. For all the cards, gifts and social media love we've received with this new blessing in our lives. We are so lucky to have you all- and Clara is too.

-I'm grateful for pumpkin pie and peppermint ice cream. (Just being real here)

-I'm grateful for a loving family, extended family and in-laws. I'm SO grateful that I get to fly home for Christmas and introduce Clara to most of these people!

-I'm grateful to know that I get to be with my family forever.


and the list could go on and on. I'll spare you for now and just leave you with some ridiculously cute baby photos, because, well, I'm a new mom and I'm allowed to do that.







4 comments:

  1. She's precious! Happy Thanksgiving - so much to be thankful for this year :)

    xxx
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute. What a great Thanksgiving list :)

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes