Sunday, November 18, 2012

Kendra

Kendra is such a beautiful woman and mother- you guys are so lucky to hear from her today! 



Having now been the vehicle through which two precious lives have been brought to this earth, I can not find the words to express how utterly grateful I am to God that I am a woman. To partake in the making of something, of SOMEONE rather, so perfect in design, so flawless, so innocent, so.. ALIVE is just remarkable.

When I first became a mother in January 2011, my heart literally could not contain the joy and love I felt when my daughter was placed on my chest for the first time. I was awestruck at how quickly the pain and exhaustion I had felt moments earlier was now a fleeting thought as I held my Evelyn Rae. I was blessed to have that same experience again this past September when I gave birth to my son. I thought it might be different the second time around; that maybe that feeling of remarkability would be lost, but oh how much sweeter it was to look up at my husband yet again and think "we created ANOTHER life!"

Motherhood has taught me so many things. It has definitely been a refiners fire. But the gain is more than the pain :) When I look into both my children's eyes I can't help but think that they were made "a little lower than the angels." The other day Abbey posted this quote and it defines the song of a mother's heart perfectly.

"Sometimes when you pick up your child you can feel the map of your own bones beneath your hands, or smell the scent of your skin in the nap of his neck. This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without." - Jodi Picoult

Congrats, Jess! You are going to rock at motherhood!

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautifully written!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having me, Jess! Glad you're enjoying time with your precious gal!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes