Wednesday, January 16, 2013

2 month update


at two months Clara...

-is so smiley! I can't handle it. When I smile at her she inevitably lights up with the biggest gummy grin. It never gets old. She's right on the verge of a full on belly laugh- I can feel it.

-has found her voice. We have "conversations" on a regular basis. Her smiley coos are so sweet and fun. I could talk to her for hours.

-still loves her bath. I can't wait to start bathing her every day. It's our favorite.

-is getting CHUNKY! Holy cow. Her leg rolls kill me dead- and don't even get me started on the back fat. I could eat her up! Yesterday a Dad at IKEA asked me if she was four months old...and when I corrected him he told me "good job". This girl's getting straight cream!

-is losing some hair on the side of her head but still has quite the mohawk! Her hair is about two inches long on the top and down her neck.

-has rolled over once on her own, loves to stand up on your lap and is getting pretty good at holding up her neck. Strong girl!

-weighs in at 13.5 pounds. Measures 24 inches long. 80th percentile for weight and 75th percentile for head circumference and height.


-has slept through the night a total of 5 times!! Now if we could make that a daily occurrence, I think we both would be very happy!

-prefers her fists to the pacifier...we're working on that.

-still loves to cuddle. I'd be ok if that lasted all her life.

-has learned to love getting her diaper changed.

-has an ever so sweet little dimple on her right cheek

-loves tummy time (for about ten minutes- then she's done)

-continues to tolerate my incessant kissing.

-has retained the nicknames: jelly bean, "shugar", and honey bear 










I'm still bursting with love for this little angel. Sometimes I dance with her around her room and just tell her over and over again how grateful I am to be her mother. It still brings tears to my eyes that God has entrusted me with this sweet girl. Her Dad and I just feel like the luckiest two people on earth. She completes us- the best part of life.

her one month update to compare her rolls from last month. I can't believe how much she's changed!

7 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, Jess. She is so darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Such sweetness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get over how precious she is. And the fact that YOU made a little chubby baby. Can't wait to meet her one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. her little grin is the sweetest!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her. Can't wait to meet her one day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I literally just giggled looking at these! She is so chubby, I can't even stand it. Cutest baby ever!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes