Monday, January 07, 2013

Christmas Update

Christmas is so magical

it's always magical

but this one was extra special

there's something about having a brand new precious baby at Christmas time

I may be a little biased...

but it's true.

reading about Mary's birth in the stable- when your own labor story is still fresh in your mind brings it extra close to home

to think about how I feel about my sweet newborn

how much I loved her immediately

and to think about how Mary must of felt 

how much love

how overwhelmed she must have been to have given birth to the son of God

it was special for me

the first time to have that kind of perspective on the Christmas story


there's no place like home for the holidays.

Clara even got to sit on Santa's lap to get her birthday PJ's  on Christmas Eve!

she supposedly told Santa she wanted a sibling for Christmas

I told her to try again in a couple years ;)













photos courtesy of my fabulous sister Tay

5 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. You have such a beautiful family, and it looks as if you had a really good Christmas. xo, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a beautiful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your Christmas was a truly lovely family affair. Happy new year. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, so beautifully said. Being a mother brings the birth of Christ so much closer to my heart as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful Christmas!
    The Santa picture is precious!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes