Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Little Things

I'm a big fan of to-do lists.
I kind of live for them- for me there is just something really satisfying about checking them off. This can be good and bad. It's good because it totally keeps me accountable for the productivity of my days, bad because sometimes I get so caught up in finishing my "to-do list" for the day that I don't stop and just enjoy the little things.

Case in point.

last week I was again consumed with my all important to-do list. Rushing around the house- deep cleaning the bathroom (because it's critical that this happens at least once a week apparently), doing the dishes, etc. I set Clara down next to me on the bed under her favorite play gym and proceeded to turn on Pistol Annie's pandora station and fold laundry like nobody's business. I was about 20 minutes into this when I looked over and realized what I was missing. Clara was under her gym talking away to her forest friends (as I've named them), kicking her legs and reaching for her toys. It was so cute. I had to just stop and take it all in for a second. I know I can't live my whole life as a mother worried that I'll miss every cute thing this sweet girl does but sometimes I have a hard time finding a balance between being productive and just watching her every move. She's changing and learning so fast I just don't want to miss a thing.

Does this sound familiar for anyone?






I love my chubby little lady.

7 comments:

  1. So sweet! Love her little smile :) I'd also want to stare at her all day.

    xxx
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is absolutely adorable! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing pictures of Clara now that I've met her in person! What a little sweetie she is. And I love that you call them her "forest friends" :) Also, I hear ya on finding balance. I think that is one of the greatest challenges in life. At the end of the day you are such a great mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my I am so glad you wrote this post! And so glad I read it today of all days! I have been having this internal struggle with myself. It just helps to know other mamas are feeling the same. :)

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes